Friday 30 November 2012

First day of Pre-School

Dear Madison,

Today was your first session at pre-school. You are doing Wednesday & Thursday afternoons. Just 3 hour sessions but boy do I miss you.

You were such a good girl today we went to the shops in the morning to pick up your new big girl back pack to take with you & then we had some lunch before leaving for school.

You kept saying you felt sick & were shy but I kept explaining to you what would happen & that you would have lots of children & toys to play with & you settled down.

We parked a little way away from the school so we could have a little walk & time together. You were so exited to wear your backpack ;-)

When we got into the school we were taken to see Becky, your key worker. Becky had been to our house to meet you so was a friendly face. You did go shy & asked to be picked up but it didn't last long.

Becky had left you with a little pink box when she visited you at home that you were to return on your first day. You excitedly got it out of your new bag & gave it back to Becky. We went & sat by the other children & said hello & then Becky took you to show you some toys.

You played happily with Becky & mummy watched from a distance. You came back to find me a couple of times but I was able to engage you in playing without me again. After 15 minutes I came & told you I was going to do some jobs at home & that I would be back to get you later. I gave you & kiss & cuddle & left. You were such a big girl no tears at all.

Mummy had a little cry; it was the first time i've left you for so long with no real reason & not with a member of our family. Mummy called to check on you a little while later. I was told you were painting & playing with play dough. You apparently had a few tears but were easily distracted away from being upset.

Mummy is SO proud of you for being such a big girl & taking to pre-school so well. I loved coming to pick you up with daddy & hearing about all the things you had been up too.

I was presented with a big painting that you had done & told how well you were doing settling in. You had one accident with toileting but had a successful wee & poo too ;-)

On the way home in the car you told us that you had taken a piece of puzzle away from a little boy & then ran away & that the lady 'catched you' & gave the puzzle back to the little boy. We discussed sharing & I hope pre-school will help reinforce the lessons i've tried to teach you about sharing.

Mummy hopes that your second session will go just as well & that you will not be upset to be left & happily go onto pre-school waving me off with your cheeky smile. You said at bedtime you didn't want to go again but changed your mind 5 mins later. Time will tell & I hope each week it will be easier for you & mummy.

I know this change is for the best & will help you to grow & develop more than staying with mummy all day ever could. Mummy is immensely proud of you anyway baby girl & you give me more reasons to be every day!!

Mummy loves you to the moon & back Madison, ALWAYS!!!

xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment