Monday 17 December 2012

Control Freak or Organised?!

With Christmas approaching very fast my thought's are naturally turning to thoughts of labour and birth of baby Carter Mk2 who is due on 23rd January 2013. I'm hoping for slightly early & not another late baby ;-)

My main thoughts are centered around my daughter, Madison. She is my world, THE MOST important person in my life.

My labour & birth with Madison was long. I made two late night visits to hospital over two days of contractions, to be turned away. The third day saw me admitted late at night followed by emergency c-section (birth story on the blog).

Now the reason I bring this up is because this time around I have Madison. I cannot just pop to the hospital to be checked out & then be sent away because I will have to call my mum or Robs mum to come & have Madison while we do this. The thought of messing people about in the middle if the night scares me :-/ the thought of Madison seeing me in distress scares me :-/ I have also transferred my care to a hospital a bit further away so the traveling time is increased also!

I want Madison to be prepared to wake up one morning without me or her dad there but her nanny or granny. I've tried explaining this to her & she seems to understand but I guess I won't know if she fully understands until it happens.

I want Madison to be cared for at our house in familiar surroundings. If i am away for more than one night I want her to sleep at home in her own bed with the routine she knows.

If I have to stay in after baby is born I want Rob to be home to do bedtime with her.

I want Rob to tell her if she has a brother or sister!

I want her to be the first visitor for the baby!

Theres lots I 'WANT' for her & for me; to feel secure & happy so I can concentrate on delivering baby 2 & not worrying about how Madison is & where she is! I know there are some very strong characters in Robs family who like to think they know best!!! so I have written all my thoughts & wants down & made sure Rob is clear & agrees on them all so hopefully us being united in these things will make sure they happen.

Ultimately i know when it all kicks off & i'm in labour i won't have chance to worry about Madison but I want to be as relaxed as possible before hand & know those people I call on to help with Madison etc know my expectations.

I'm pretty sure I come across as a major control freak but I want my daughter to feel safe & secure at the start of what may be a very tough journey for her......becoming a big sister!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment