Tuesday 22 January 2013

Due Date......

It's 11:02pm so just under an hour till the big 'DUE DATE' I really wish they gave you a 'Due Week' because everyone; myself included is fixed on this one date like suddenly at 1 min past midnight your going to arrive.

It doesn't happen like that. It happens when you & my body decide it will or when your evicted by other means for over staying your welcome ;-) Even now, even with you being my second baby & knowing it doesn't work like that i'm waiting like a ticking time bomb for something to happen.

I'm already feeling defensive & annoyed at the calls & messages i'll receive from well meaning family & friends wanting to know whats happening and the inevitable 'you not had that baby yet' comments that drive me insane. I've decided they will be met with a sarcastic response or ignored completely (depending who it is perhaps in some cases ;-).

Part of me would love to go into labour myself with no sweep etc perhaps more chance of the holy grail that is a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean section)

The other part of me would like to be induced so I can plan childcare for Madison & feel more at ease about leaving her. To also know that this time I will be properly monitored, properly medicated (pain relief wise ;-) & perhaps have the birth I imagined for my first pregnancy.

For now i'm taking each day as it comes. I have the consultant Friday (40+2) so can discuss next steps etc & hopefully feel a bit more in control & ready to be a family of 4.

Watch this space, hopefully I can try & tweet some of my labour etc but you will know when Baby Carter has entered the world!!

Wish me luck ;-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment